A Word about Advertising
Thank you for your interest in Pining for Rome! I have wonderful readers who are both discerning and thoughtful, and I am pleased that you are interested in their business. I encourage you to take a look around Pining for Rome. You'll see that my readers are interested in travel, books, and art. Like me, they are particularly devoted to all things Italian. If you have a product that in some way will make their lives better, I am sure they would love to hear about it.
I enjoy writing reviews for Pining for Rome. My reviews are balanced, fair, and thoughtful. I have good taste, but I have traveled extensively, and I understand the realities of the travel industry. I also have expertise traveling with groups as well as teens -- and even groups of teens.
Additionally, I am frequently contacted by travelers -- particularly those headed to Italy -- looking for hotel and apartment recommendations as well as itinerary advice and reading recommendations.
I happily accept advertisers and sponsors. Goodie Bag sponsors are particularly popular. I love holding giveaways. Please contact me for more information.
I do have a few ground rules when it comes to advertising and sponsorships:
- I write all of the content on Pining for Rome. I will not run advertising in disguise, and I will not pass your words off as my own. It would be less work for me, but then my opinions would no longer mean anything.
- I do not accept payment for link placement within text.
- I will not promote a product I have never seen or used. I will not promote a hotel where I have not stayed. And just because you send me your product does not mean I will review it.
- I do accept free products, fam trips, and complimentary hotel rooms or travel on occasion. I am a writer not a millionaire, after all. However, a free product does not in any way guarantee a good review. For proof of this, read my review of this castle. And I disclose freebies as freebies.
- Publishers do send me books to review from time to time. I review books that are relevant for my readers.
- I will not accept advertising for a product which I find distasteful, dishonest, uncouth, or objectionable in any way. This is why I do not use AdSense or any other advertising services that do not allow me control of my advertising space.
You are welcome to contact me about advertising, product, book or destination reviews, or anything else under the sun: aknickerson (at) mac (dot) com.
Some stats: I currently have about 8000 unique visitors monthly. I have just over 2000 Twitter followers. More information is available upon request.
- Soon, Bloggers Must Give Full Disclosure
- What do new FTC blogging rules mean for press trips and fam tours?
- How Big is the FTC's New Footprint?
- An Open Letter to the FTC
- Free Press Travel: Necessary... and Certainly Not an Evil
Why Bloggers Matter: Encouraging Travel Bloggers to Write About Your Hotel